Nobody wins an NFL playoff game in September.
But if prognosticators are correct, the New Orleans Saints will win several big games this season.
Peter King, one of the league's most respected writers, has picked the Saints to make Super Bowl 54 in Miami.
And ESPN ran 20,000 season-long computer simulations and also picked the Saints to make the Super Bowl.
Whether New Orleans wins is where the human and machine disagree.
King picked the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl, which will be held in Miami, 37-27.
The ESPN simulation said New Orleans will top San Diego in the Super Bowl, 40-33.
New Orleans is a trendy pick among many national outlets to go far in 2019.
• A panel of CBS Sports experts mention Brees as a projected MVP winner.
• A panel of NFL.com experts picked the Saints to win the Super Bowl.
• An ESPN panel of writers and editors picked the Saints to make the Super Bowl.
• Sports Illustrated is picking the Saints to go to the Super Bowl.
• Sporting News has the Saints making a second-consecutive NFC Championship game.
The Saints begin their road to the Super Bowl on Monday night against the Houston Texas in Mercedes-Benz Superdome.