• Beef, grass fed
• Butternut squash
• Fresh poultry
• Greens, assorted
• Potatoes, red and white
• Spaghetti Squash
• Sweet potatoes
• Baked goods, canned goods, Muscadine juice, fresh ground corn meal, homemade dog treats, dried herbs, Flavored butters, fresh herbs, plants, natural jellies and jams, sugar free jams, pickles and jellies, Hot sauces, spices, Lip balms, Cowboy candy, Goat milk soap, shampoo and lotion, bath and body creams and soap, beeswax candles, quilts, crafts and homemade children’s clothes.
Area farmers markets:
Tuscaloosa Farmers Market: 3-6 p.m. Tuesday and 7 a.m.-noon Saturday at Tuscaloosa River Market, 1900 Jack Warner Parkway.
Northport Farmers Market: 6 a.m.-noon Wednesday and 6 a.m.-noon Saturday at 4150 Fifth St., Northport.
Butternut Squash Soup
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 1 pound butternut squash, pared, seeded, and cut into cubes
• 2 pears, pared and sliced
• 1 teaspoon thyme, fresh, snipped
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1 cup whipping cream
Cook onion in butter in 4- quart Dutch oven until tender. Stir in broth, squash, pears, thyme, salt, pepper and coriander.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until squash is tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Pour about half of the soup into food processor bowl or blender and process until smooth. Repeat with remaining soup.
Return to Dutch oven; stir in whipping cream.
Heat, stirring frequently until hot. Serve with additional sliced pear or toasted chopped pecans.