LAUREL HILL — A family of five was displaced from their home on the 3900 block of Second Avenue following a kitchen fire Friday night.

The Laurel Hill Volunteer Fire Department responded to the fire about 10 p.m., according to Fire Chief Mike McVay. The family already had extinguished the blaze by the time firefighters arrived.

McVay said there was smoke damage throughout the house and additional damage to the kitchen.

American Red Cross volunteers provided the family with financial assistance to help with temporary lodging, food, clothing and medication.

No one was injured in the fire.