Here is how athletes from Tuscaloosa-area high schools now competing at the collegiate level fared last week:
• Alabama freshman Herbert Jones (Hale County) played against Mississippi State and Tennessee, averaging 4 points.
• Missouri-Kansas City sophomore forward Jordan Giles (Holy Spirit) started versus Seattle University and Utah Valley, averaging 20.5 points and 7.5 rebounds.
• Shelton State sophomore Matthew Horton (Paul W. Bryant) started at forward vs. Southern Union and Wallace-Hanceville, averaging 3 points and 4.5 rebounds.
• Southern Union sophomore Josh Moore (Demopolis) started at forward vs. Shelton State and Lawson State, averaging 12.5 points and 9.5 rebounds.
• Southern Union sophomore Jamesio Rhine (Bibb County) started at forward vs. Lawson State and played vs. Shelton State, averaging 6.5 points and 6.5 rebounds.
• Southern Union freshman Brandon Rutledge (Bibb County) started at forward vs. Shelton State and played vs. Lawson State, averaging 4.5 rebounds.
• Southern Mississippi junior Kevin Holland (Paul W. Bryant) started at guard against Old Dominion and Charlotte, averaging 2.5 points and 2 rebounds.
• Wallace State CC-Hanceville freshman Chris Rollins (Hale County) started at forward vs. Gadsden State, scoring 5 points, 5 rebounds and 2 assists.
• West Alabama junior forward Charles Tripp (Demopolis) played vs. Alabama-Huntsville, scoring 2 points.
• Arkansas-Pine Bluff junior forward Shawntayla Harris (Central) played vs. Alabama State and Southern, averaging 6 points and 5.5 rebounds.
• Lurleen B. Wallace freshman forward Shunterius Stephens (Central) played vs. Chattahoochie Valley State, scoring 7 points.
• Neosho County sophomore guard Dequandra Lyles (Hale County) started vs. Pratt and Coffeyville, averaging 5 points and 5.5 rebounds.
• Shelton State Community College sophomore Savannah Reier (Northridge) started at guard vs. Southern Union and Wallace-Hanceville, averaging 11.5 points, 2 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 3 steals.
• Tuskegee junior center Caleb Washington (Demopolis) played vs. Miles College, scoring 4 points.
• Wallace State-Hanceville freshman forward DeMaurea Moore (Hillcrest) played vs. Gadsden State and Shelton State, averaging 3.5 points and 4.5 rebounds.
• Wallace State-Selma freshman Keona May (Sumter Central) started at guard vs. Chattahoochie Valley and Bishop State, averaging 15 points and 2.5 rebounds.
If you know of a player from a Tuscaloosa-area high school currently competing in varsity athletics at the college level who needs to be included, please email email@example.com and tell us what college, what sport and the high school for which he or she played.