SNEADS — One family is in temporary lodging after a house fire Friday in Jackson County.

The American Red Cross reported two adults were safe but two cats died in the fire at a home in the 2000 block of Cemetery Avenue. The status of the home was not available Saturday.

The adults have been given some financial assistance to help with temporary lodging and to replace necessities lost in the fire like food, clothing and medications. To help them and other disaster victims, donations to the Red Cross can be made at www.redcross.org.